Growing up I have always been extremely critical of both myself and others. With the former taking the brunt of my beatings I found it hard to see myself and be okay with who I was. Always the ultimate wallflower I hid from all opportunities to live and experience life. Afraid of how I might look, appear or be perceived.
Recently I have noticed a huge change in myself however. Choosing to throw myself into my work and put myself out there. For the first time ever I have not only swallowed the courage to put my art on display, but I have literally made myself part of the art display. The crazy thing to me is that I no longer feel worried about judgment or feedback. I’m just excited about what I am doing and even more excited to share it. This is a truly freeing feeling and one that I do not take lightly.
Happy with the person I am becoming I no longer worry about how others may perceive me and am 100% focused on just being the person I want to be. Over the past couple years I have developed a strong interest in self growth and learning how to achieve larger than life goals. This interested has transformed into a full blown mission as of late. And now I put everything I have into creating the most fulling life possible.
Tips I tell Myself to Stay Focused, Happy & Confident:
- Focus on Yourself: you are your hardest critic, biggest judge and greatest competition.
- Set Goals and Write them Down: You can’t get anywhere until you decide where it is you are going!
- Make a plan: Ok you know your goals now what is the first step to getting there? Break these down into small manageable pieces.
- Set Deadlines: You aren’t going to make much progress until you start holding yourself accountable.
- Have Fun! If your going to have big dreams and hopes be in love with them. Otherwise its just not worth it. I am extremely passionate about all the projects I start and still I struggle at times to stay focused. If I didn’t have that passion to pull me through the boring bits their is no way I would be able to put this much time and energy into any of it.