I quite regularly take mini road trips by myself. Partly because many of my friends live at least two hours away and partly because I really enjoy the quiet. Its nice having time to think and it’s really nice not having someone telling you how to drive or annoyed if you miss a turn. It’s also rather refreshing to have an extended period of time to put into a good book and as I listen to audiobooks more than I read lately solo road trips are the perfect opportunity to listen without distraction.
Below is my list of road trip essentials:
- Snack (Usually Trail mix)
- Audiobooks (at least two)
- CD’S/Playlists (I get so board of the radio and it can be unreliable when traveling)
- Printed Directions (I’ve had my phone overheat when I was within minutes of destination and wasted an hour waiting for it to turn back on )
- Phone and car charger
- A fresh cup of coffee before I jump on the interstate
That’s pretty much all I need besides my day/overnight bag depending what I am doing. Hopefully I am not forgetting anything as I am hoping in the right car now for a little adventure. Talk to you when I get back!